Improving the energy efficiency of your home

Free energy efficiency improvements for lower-income householders across Devon and Torbay

Lower-income householders across Devon and Torbay are invited to apply for free energy efficiency improvements to their homes worth thousands of pounds thanks to new government funding.

The scheme is being delivered by the Cosy Devon partnership which consists of Devon County Council (DCC), East Devon, Mid Devon, North Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge and Torridge District Councils, Torbay Council, West Devon Borough Council and Exeter City Council.

The scheme will offer eligible householders the chance to improve the warmth and energy efficiency of their homes by ‘retrofitting’ them.

Where to get advice

Your local community energy organisation

Experienced, local energy advisors covering every part of Devon are available to help you. You can find the details for the organisation local to you below.

Where Organisation Contact
West Devon Tamar Energy Community 0800 233 5414
South Hams South Dartmoor Community Energy 0800 112 3044
Plymouth Plymouth Energy Community 01752 477 990
North Devon and Torridge 361 Energy 01271 599 361
Exeter, Mid Devon, East Devon, Teignbridge, Torbay Exeter Community Energy 0800 772 3617

LEAP (Note: the home visits are paused until 30th June 2022)

The Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP) is a free energy and money saving advice service.

LEAP provides a free of charge in-home advice visit. Our friendly Home Energy Advisors can:

  • install free simple energy saving measures such as LED light bulbs and draught-proofing
  • check if you’re on the best energy tariff
  • arrange a free money advice consultation
  • help you find funding for further energy-saving home improvements.

The eligibility requirements of LEAP are designed to target households that either are already in, or are at risk of falling into fuel poverty. It is open to all types of householders in Devon – homeowners, private renters and social housing tenants.

You can apply now, for you or somebody else, at or by phoning 0800 060 7567.